OKLAHOMA CITY, OK – A new ad from the National Republican Campaign Committee (NRCC) repeats misleading claims about Congresswoman Horn’s voting record. Misleading attacks against Congresswoman Horn’s record will not change the facts:
Congresswoman Horn isn’t afraid to stand up to her own party.
- Horn ranks sixth in the nation for voting against her own party among House Democrats.
- The truth is that during her first term, Horn voted against Speaker Pelosi and the Democratic Party nearly four times as often as the average Democratic member.
- Horn voted against Speaker Pelosi’s $3 trillion spending package, the most expensive bill in U.S. history.
- Horn broke with her party on multiple votes including legislation that would hurt small business owners, legislation that would raise the minimum wage to a level that wasn’t right for Oklahoma, and legislation that would create excessive hurdles for purchasing a firearm, among others.
Congresswoman Horn fights for Oklahoma’s oil and gas industry
- Horn was named the “most pro-fossil fuel Democrat in America” by the conservative Washington Examiner.
- The NRCC’s claims that Horn voted against the industry have been proven false by energy industry leaders here in Oklahoma.
- Horn led the fight in Congress to increase investments in the Strategic Petroleum Reserve when energy markets experienced a downturn earlier this year.
- Horn stood up to her party to oppose a federal fracking ban.
- Horn called on the Administration to investigate Saudi Arabia’s oil dumping practices and the impact on the U.S. oil and gas industry.
- Horn worked with both parties to pass the President’s USMCA trade deal, which locked in zero-tariff trade on energy products, facilitated the movement of hydrocarbons by pipeline, and streamlined regulations for natural gas exports.
- For more information on Horn’s oil and gas record and details about the votes mentioned by the NRCC’s ad, see our Fact Sheet on Horn’s Oil and Gas Record.
Congresswoman Horn puts Oklahoma jobs first
- Horn is endorsed by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce for her pro-jobs, pro-growth record.
- Horn fought to include help for small businesses in the CARES Act, and worked hand-in-hand with more than 100 Oklahoma small businesses to help them cut red tape at the SBA to receive PPP funds.
- When PPP funding ran out, Horn called both parties back to the table to pass funding for the program.
- Horn was a leader on the Paycheck Protection Program Flexibility Act, one of her 23 bills signed into law by President Trump.
- Horn hosted an Oklahoma Job Fair bringing together hundreds of job seekers and dozens of local employers to help get people back to work during the pandemic.
- When Oklahoma’s local performance struggled to stay open, Horn led the charge to restart and save our stages.
“Oklahomans are tired of the same old misleading ads. They want a leader who’s ready to put partisan politics aside and get things done for our state, and that’s exactly what Kendra Horn has delivered,” said Horn Campaign Manager Ward Curtin. “In just two years, she’s had twenty-three of her bills signed into law by the President, she’s delivered help for countless Oklahomans during the pandemic, and she’s shaken things up in Washington by standing up to her own party and reaching across the aisle when it’s the right thing to do. These dark money ads aren’t fooling anybody. Special interest groups are running scared, and they’re willing to say anything to twist the facts on Congresswoman Horn’s record.”